Monday, August 09, 2010

Wes Brown Quits England


Manchester United’s Wes Brown has retired from international duty. The 30 year-old was named in England’s squad to face Hungary at Wembley on Wednesday but the Football Association have confirmed that the defender visited England’s training camp to inform head coach Fabio Capello of his decision.

“After a lot of thought and with a heavy heart, I have decided the time is right for me to retire from international football. At the age of 30 I feel it is right for me to stand aside and let younger players come through, which allows me to concentrate on my club career. I regard it as an honour and a privilege to have represented my country at every level from Under-15s and wish them well in future tournaments.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home